Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) is an academic, multi-disciplinary, nonprofit research group at Tufts University. Tufts CSDD develops and presents strategic information to help drug developers, regulators, and policy makers improve the quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical development, review and utilization.
What You'll Do
Conduct all aspects of grant funded research including literature reviews, online searches, survey and database design, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, results reporting, and manuscript preparation and submission. Assist with survey development, production and implementation (including follow-up with respondents on survey completion). Conduct interviews. Analyze, chart and visualize research results. Develop and present reports. Work collaboratively with internal and external advisory groups and teams. Respond to requests for information from colleagues, sponsors, and collaborators as directed by supervising senior research staff. Update cumulative proprietary databases and create new proprietary project databases. Extract data from commercial and government datasets. Create PowerPoint presentations for CSDD publications and reports. Initiate and maintain contact with academic, government, and industry personnel. Edit, review, and draft manuscripts. Assist in authorship of peer-reviewed and trade publication manuscripts. Maintain working knowledge of scientific, legal, and economic aspects of drug development, by reading industry trade sheets and other publications.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Master's degree and at least 1-2 years' experience
- Familiarity with database management, statistical software, and MS Office.
- Familiarity with literature searches and digital research methods
- Train junior research analysts on specific project tasks
- Ability to Lift/Carry/Push/Pull up to 10 pounds with or without accommodation
- Ability to travel independently domestic/foreign
- Strong telephone skills--comfortable speaking independently on the phone and speaking publicly
- Ability to effectively communicate with Tufts CSDD staff and research participants and collaborators (including potential survey respondents)
- Ability to work independently and with a group, as well as ability to work remotely
- Master's Degree in health science field, economics, or public health
- Prior research experience (preferably in a health care/health policy related field)
- Familiarity with online subscription-based database research
- Familiarity with building and disseminating surveys.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Domestic and Foreign travel, non-standard work hours some days, presentations to small and large groups
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.