Student Accounts Coordinator
Main Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Reporting to the Assistant Bursar, the Student Accounts Coordinator is a critical member of the student accounts team. Working with the Director and Assistant Director they will assist with billing operations to ensure timely and accurate student accounts.
Responsible for providing superb customer service consistent with the Simmons value of being student centered in all of our functions, the Student Account Coordinator will work collaboratively with University Offices (Registrar, Residence Life, Financial Aid) to provide accurate and timely billing statements to students. Additionally, they will advise students of their rights and responsibilities regarding their financial obligations to the University and
- Manage the process of maintaining a consistent monthly billing schedule for all programs at the University (on campus and online), including the batch assessment of all holds and late fees in accordance with University policy. The Student Accounts Coordinator ensures all e-statements are posted accurately into TouchNet and that corresponding email notifications are up to date with appropriate links. The Student Accounts Coordinator is responsible for quality assurance pertaining to student billing. Responsible for generating bill files to ensure that all tuition and fees are charged accurately in accordance with the assigned cohort and academic program of study;
- Key Liason for troubleshooting billing issues with various University offices, including Residence Life, Admission and Financial Aid. Ensures billing issues are resolved in Workday and students accounts are accurately coded for current and future charge assessment;
- Primary administrator of the University's tuition payment plan with our vendor TouchNet, which serves nearly 10% of the University student population. Ensures that plan payments are accurately applied to student accounts in accordance with University policy;
- Responsible for oversight of the employee and dependent tuition remission program, in coordination with Human Resources. Ensures that all tuition remission forms are accurately completed by employees and Human Resources. Ensure that all forms are applied correctly to students' accounts. Provides reports to payroll when necessary for payroll W2 reporting;
- Provides customer service to an assigned caseload of students and families regarding student account inquiries. Issues credit card refunds and provides itemized statements or other documents to students as needed. Oversee third party billing. The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with students and colleagues, in a professional manner, is essential to this position.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum two years work experience; student account office knowledge strongly preferred;
- Ability to perform complex calculations; analyze situations accurately, be able to solve problems and offer solutions in order to adopt an effective course of action;
- Experience with Workday, preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to clearly interpret, apply and convey rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of professional courtesy;
- Experience providing excellent customer service to a diverse constituency while maintaining successful performance in a high-volume, fast pace, and confidential service environment;
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations;
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to use sound judgment for decision-making;
- Team and service-oriented and able to effectively manage time;
- Ability to work and/or travel some nights, weekends, and/or other times during peak season.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Student-Accounts-Coordinator_R08597-2
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.