Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Clinics at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the school promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health.
What You'll Do
The Pre- Doctoral Patient Registration Coordinator provides administrative coverage to the Dental School Pre-Doctoral Clinics. This position works in conjunction with primary staff assigned to support students, patients, and faculty. This position requires this person to learn all aspects of the Patient Registration Coordinator role to be able to support the needs of any of these services without hesitation. Responsibilities include:
- Provides excellent customer service, greet patients, input and/or verify patient information, calculate patient’s financial responsibility and respond to patient inquiries
- Prepares next day appointment list with patient’s financial responsibility noted in patients’ chart
- Performs financial functions (collects payment, conducts daily batch reconciliation) and provides administrative support
- Completes other related duties to assist in the management of the department
What We're Looking For
- High school degree/equivalency and 3 +years of job related experience
- In depth knowledge of dental/medical software codes, Microsoft Office and dental terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Sound knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA compliance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will allow clear and businesslike conversation with patients, students, residents, faculty and staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Should be well organized with a keen attention to detail
- Dental Coder Certification
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.