Bachelor’s degree and two years of general research experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
Experience in working independently in roles of high accountability is preferred.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training and experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Required License or Certification
Primary Purpose of Position
Provide operational management and technical scientific knowledge-driven planning and direction of multiple educational and research laboratories in mechanical engineering.
Additional duties that are performed by the Facilities Manager of the College who is out on medical leave. The additional duties include:
1. Interface between COE needs and Campus Physical Plant
2. Work Orders and status (internal and external)
3. Meet with lab Managers at beginning of the week to check on things needed or status
4. Interface with Property Management as needed to pick up or tag equipment
5. Monitor Project that will upgrade or repair COE
6. Work with A/V Specialist (Carter Bing) on different aspects of A/V equipment
7. Assist lab managers on moving equipment as needed
8. Set up for all COE Programs (including Lobby Days)
9. Interface with EHS for all issues in the COE
10. Work with space allocation when needed
11. Interface with UPD on safety and security issues in the COE
12. Assist COE with manpower and ideals when called upon
13. Set up for programs on weekends if needed
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The College of Engineering at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University invites applications and nominations for the following position in the College of Engineering. North Carolina A&T State University is a public land grant university that enrolls almost 12,000 students. The College of Engineering, with over 1,800 students, has 5 Doctoral programs, 8 Masters of Science Degree programs, and EAC ABET accredited undergraduate programs in Architectural, Bio-, Biological, Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering, as well as a CAC ABET-accredited program Computer Science. The College’s focus is on cultivating leaders who excel in academics, innovative thought, and research. Additional information about the College and the University can be found at www.ncat.edu/coe.