The School of Business at Stevens Institute of Technology is seeking a versatile web content writer to enhance our websites, newsletters, email campaigns, and other marketing assets. This is a hybrid role based in Hoboken, NJ. This position is a six-month fixed term appointment.
You are first and foremost a storyteller who can craft good stories that will make viewers interested in the School of Business. You have experience in interviewing a wide variety of people to get multiple perspectives on a story. You are an avid reader and can synthesize information from other sources that will bring interesting angles into your stories.
You’re also web-savvy and can help produce your stories using our website content management system or email programs like Constant Contact or Slate.
This position requires a deep understanding of the language and concepts used throughout the School of Business.
Please submit a portfolio of published stories, marketing copy and/or professional social media posts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write engaging long-form stories about students and faculty at the School of Business, highlighting their challenges and successes.
- Help produce stories onto the School of Business website.
- Help write concise and precise marketing copy that can fit into a social media post or a paid ad.
- Gather images to complement your stories.
- Help create and distribute marketing content including annual reports, white papers, brochures, advertising copy and dean’s letters.
- Copyedit and proofread colleagues’ work, as needed.
- Help create newsletters using Constant Contact software.
- Help post content onto social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in English, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Ability to translate complex subject matter into compelling content for marketing purposes
- Professional experience writing on social media platforms
- Experience writing white papers, brochures, blogs, articles and newsletters
- Experience creating compelling copy for digital marketing campaigns that convert
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands
Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Stevens Institute of Technology appreciates all applications but can only respond to qualified candidates.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
School of Business Communications
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police