The laboratory Animal Facility at UB is seeking an Principal Lab Animal Caretaker who will be responsible for overseeing the care of various laboratory species. This person will be responsible for knowing all regulatory guidelines as they pertain to animal husbandry, and ensuring that these guidelines are followed. Responsible for performing, supervising and scheduling staff in the daily care of various laboratory species.
Husbandry duties include but are not limited to:
* cleaning animal rooms and caging, watering and feeding animals, disposing of wastes appropriately, following safety protocols when using hazardous agents.
* Monitoring health of animals and room environments and reporting abnormal conditions.
* Acting as liaison or coordinator between caretakers, investigators, and other department staff to ensure proper interpretation of their needs.
* Operating, monitoring and maintaining equipment used in animal care.
* Perform annual staff performance appraisals with facility manager.
Outstanding Benefits Package Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.