Coordinator - CTE Outreach
: Staff - Full-Time
The Community Outreach and Economic Development department is seeking a full time Coordinator to join their team!
The Coordinator will have the opportunity to engage in all CTE Outreach initiatives which is focused on Special Populations, Non-traditional students and students in Non-traditional fields. This position will support and inform stakeholders of CTE objectives, policies, procedures and outcomes of the projects directed toward the success of students enrolled in CTE programs. This position is also responsible to help increase student enrollment, help with diversity and inclusion initiatives/activities, as well as, developing and coordinating programs and events to increase enrollments and improve retention and completion of CTE students at the University. The Outreach Coordinator will also prepare, produce and disseminate CTE information to various campus publications and departments, design and produce CTE brochures, announcements, newsletters and various materials for both internal and external purposes. This position will also assist in planning and coordinating CTE events hosted on and off campus. In addition, the Outreach Coordinator is responsible to support all grant initiatives and be in compliance to federal rules and regulations as required.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a masters degree, or a bachelor degree with related experience totaling 6 years.
Bilingual background is advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of career guidance and/or student advising.
- Knowledge and experience working with electronic media.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing and public relations.
- Experience in working with underrepresented populations and/or non-traditional students.
- Skills in written communication such as email, reports, news stories, and web text
- Ability to prepare and give oral presentations to diverse groups.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and meet project deadlines with minimum supervision.
Work is generally performed in an office environment, however at times will include
Considerable physical activity. Requires lifting of up to 50 pounds for events. Considerable amount of walking required.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$33,068 - $44,091
STA113318 Community Outreach/Econ Dev Staff 10/31/2018
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/9496
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.