General Cook II - Donahue Hall (full-time, 12-months)
412-Dining Services Operations
The General Cook II is a culinary professional who is responsible for preparing and cooking sauces, soups, entrees, vegetables, cold foods, and any other menu items. Responsible for food safety and sanitation. Assists Chefs and Assistant Chefs as needed and may be the lead cook during a shift. This person will work with management and co-workers to instill and foster the value of the Villanova Mission Statement and the Dining Services Mission Statement. This person will focus on our Core Values : Safety and Sanitation, Friendly Courteous Service, Quality, Meticulous Attention to Detail, and Safety. All of our associates should improve our systems and overall operation.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows recipes and produces food items as assigned by the chef. Maintains proper food temperatures and appearance of food. Records and maintains food production records. Responsible for gathering ingredients needed for food production.
- Verifies all portion sizes, quality standards, department polices and procedures, and core values are adhered to with the rest of the culinary team. Responsible for proper storage of leftovers.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures in the kitchen for the unit.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Works special functions and catering events as needed by the department.
- Performs other duties and assists with projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of food preparation including sauces and soups, food safety and sanitation procedures.
- 3 years of culinary experience in restaurants or college/university setting
- Basic reading and writing skills.Ability to follow written recipes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- All kitchen equipment including set up, operation, break down.
- Proper knife skills.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Culinary certification and Serv Safe certification preferred.
- Tools, machinery and equipment used: All kitchen equipment
Special Message to Applicants
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 30 lbs independently.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures.
- Ability to use various chemicals.
Monday-Thursday 12:00-9:00pm and Sunday 12:00-9:00pm
Off Friday & Saturday
during normal operating hours
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
$14.07 per hour
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14920
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.