You will be working in the dynamic world of startups, entrepreneurship and R&D collaborations with the university. Your quick thinking and creative problem solving are keys to your success. You will report to the Associate Director, Finance & Operations.
As Operations Manager you will provide exceptional customer service to all startup and anchor companies and prospective tenants; actively practicing and promoting a warm, customer friendly, and welcoming environment at the facility. You will be in charge of the overall facility and client experience at the Incubator @ CBLS and will collaborate with BEP team members to support company growth and engagement.
You will supervise up to two assistant/associate positions and identify and supervise any student assistants.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for general building and laboratory safety and infrastructure maintenance, supplies and communications with UB facilities and vendors. Ensure work orders are submitted and completed.
- Management and maintenance of shared scientific instruments in the Center of Excellence for Bioinformatics and Life Sciences (CBLS), including inventory management. Provide appropriate user training.
- Develop SOPs for shared instruments, oversee calendar reservations and support the program finance associate to bill for shared instruments.
- Serve as point of contact for lab related queries from tenants and prospective tenants.
- Work with UB Financial Services to revise and/or develop rates.
- Work with the financial team as needed to support facility excellence and assist the program team as needed to support the Life Science business partnership efforts.
- Liaison with stakeholder and support organizations, including Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC), UB Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), UB Police and other support organizations.
- With Operations team, strategize and implement opportunities to enhance facilities, ensuring the incubator and anchor tenants have the best available space and amenities.
- Serve as Operations lead in space planning and allocation for startup and anchor tenants at CBLS and support same at Baird; ensure all systems are kept up to date to track operations including UB space system, floor plans, Salesforce.
- Lead on agreement processing for new and existing company tenants, coordinate with UB departments as appropriate.
- Lead new tenant on-boarding coordination and process including communication, signage, and welcome packet.
- Ensure internal communications including RiseVision monitors, eNewsletter, Vestaboard, physical postings and other channels are used effectively. Partner with Marketing team as appropriate.
- Work with Operations team to increase client company engagement through networking and introductions.
You will be successful in this role if you are driven by making an impact in the community, finding creative solutions to get results, enjoy engaging with diverse perspectives, collaborating, and influencing others, and are committed to the growth and development of your team.
We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our Careers
page.Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.