The Office of the Vice Provost of Research (OVPR) provides the key services necessary to deliver exceptional results in research. To learn more about the OVPR including the Mission visit: https://viceprovost.tufts.edu/about-ovpr
This position sits within the Research Compliance & Safety function, which oversees a variety of functions that ensures safe, legal, and ethical research across Tufts.
What You'll Do
The Research Compliance Specialist is an integral part of the OVPR Research Compliance Team. The position will assist in the implementation of the Export Controls program, Conflict of Interest program and other Global Research programs and policies by providing oversight and execution of program deliverables, providing technical guidance to the Tufts community, tracking metrics, and enhancing compliance with federal, state and local regulations and policies. The position will also work collaboratively with members of the Tufts community, external organizations, regulatory agencies, and consultants to promote compliance. Responsibilities include:
Export Controls Coordination
- Assist the Senior Director of Research Compliance and Research Compliance Manager in the implementation of the Export Controls program
- Collect, manage, and distribute metrics for Export Controls
- Other tasks as directed by Research Compliance Manager
Conflict of Interest (COI) Coordination
- Assist with the annual COI disclosure process
- Draft and manage active COI management plans
- Provide administrative support to the COI committee
- Collect, manage, and distribute metrics for COI
- Assist with continual improvement process activities
European General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR),
China Personal Information Privacy Law (PIPL), etc.
- Serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert for researchers and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) in the area of the GDPR, PIPL, etc.
- Conduct initial reviews of research projects that may be subject to the GDPR, PIPL, etc. and collaborate with the investigator to ensure that data collection and record keeping are compliance
- Review study documents for GDPR/PIPL compliance and submit approvals to the IRB
- Collaborate with Information Security and University Counsel where necessary to assist with complex reviews of GDPR, PIPL, etc. regulation
- Ensure maintenance of documentation related to GDPR, PIPL, etc. review and analyses
- Administrative management of Data Use Agreements and related tasks in collaboration with Tufts Technology Transfer and Industry Collaboration Unit
- Administrative support to Research Compliance unit
- Assignment of additional tasks as directed
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience as typically acquired through completion of an Associate’s degree with 5 years related experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years of professional work experience
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to learn new software programs/platforms
- Experience in research regulatory compliance
- Project Management skills and experience
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.