Georgia Southern - Savannah
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
3900711100 - Office of Admissions
The Multicultural Admissions Counselor plans and carries out the recruitment and counseling of a diverse group of minority freshmen and transfer students. This position also serves as an official representative of Georgia Southern University at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment activities within an assigned territory. The position requires extensive travel, evening and weekend work.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Recruit minority student populations with an emphasis on those with a Latino/Hispanic background
- Serve as an official representative of Georgia Southern University at college fairs, high school visits,and other recruitment activities at assigned events and schools
- Recruit and enroll a target number of students
- Provide information about the University and maintain regular correspondence with prospective students and their families by telephone, email, and hand written letters
- Serve as a counselor-on-call, conduct information sessions, and meet with walk-in guests
- Organize outreach events and collaborate with the Office of Multicultural Affairs and faculty members to sponsor events for new and current students
- Build work relationships with community leaders, community organizations and high school counselors
- Bachelor's degree
- Fluent in Spanish
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- One or more years of related work experience
- Ability to assess student academic standing and extracurricular activities, and provide information on university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources
- Experience in college admissions or enrollment office
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure information sensitive in nature
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Knowledge of office management practices and procedures
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
February 28, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work performed in an office environment and often away from campus at recruitment events
- Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Extensive recruitment travel required (eight to ten weeks during peak travel season)
- May be required to drive university vehicles
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=222083&PostingSeq=1