The Department of Developmental, Molecular and Chemical Biology conducts research of basic biochemical and molecular mechanisms involved in cell functions in both the normal and diseased states, as well as teaching students at the Medical, Dental Schools, and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
What You'll Do
Under close supervision of Principal Investigator, the Research Technician will conduct a variety of bench research experiments following established procedures and protocols predominantly using cell and tissue culture, characterization of therapeutic peptides’ efficacy on cell behavior. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform additional experiments using techniques such as tissue culture, immunohistochemistry, electrophoresis, protein purification, immunofluorescence and Western blotting
- Records results and maintains accurate records of experiments
- Interpretats data and assists with basic statistics and analysis
- Maintains laboratory equipment and orders/keeps inventory of supplies
- Prepares stock solutions, reagents and other media
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree in science with up to one year laboratory experience
- Possess a strong basic lab foundation
- Familiarity with laboratory techniques and procedures as identified above
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.