The Dean’s office in the college of education supports the departments in budgeting, research and administrative tasks. Providing training for departmental staff, acting as liaisons between the college and the other administrative offices on campus, as well as providing needed support to faculty in areas of research, budgeting and human resources.
This position provides support for the budget and research areas in the College of Education via purchasing, payroll support, budget reporting, and research administrative transactions.
Additional Posting Details
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
*experience with purchasing systems, payroll and budgeting processes.