The Athletic Events Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the following aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III athletic program:
- Adhere to and support all policies and procedures of the Department of Physical Education, Athletics & Recreation and University as well as work together with the Middle Atlantic Conference and MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities on their rules and regulations that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Assist in the coordination of home event management including set-up and break down, crowd control, and serving as a visiting team liaison.
- Ensure that all aspects of the facility are safe and in good working order including playing surface, scoreboard, sound system, team equipment, and locker rooms.
- Responsible for the scoreboard and table operations for various sports which requires an understanding of each sport including timing, scoring, and statistics. Training will be provided.
- Responsible for all student game day staff.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate regularly in available professional development opportunities.
- Perform all other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree preferred. A background in sport and intercollegiate athletics is preferred.
- This position is expected to:
- Run multiple types of scoreboards
- Accurately record score and all required statistics
- Maintain accurate roster, timeouts, penalties
- Set up and put away equipment
- Must be willing to work early morning, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- First Aid, CPR, AED training certification required.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Office of Athletic Events
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police