Exciting opportunity for a Grants and Contracts Manager
to join the Grants Management Team in the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS)
at the University at Buffalo
. These positions will be a key part of the infrastructure for external grants and other sponsored research activities within CAS. You will work collaboratively with faculty from assigned departments across three academic sectors in the College (Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences and Mathematics). Additionally, you will act as the point of contact and liaison between the faculty, Sponsored Projects Services (SPS), as well as other internal and external organizations and business offices.
The Grants Management Team will be comprised of members who specialize in Pre-Award and Post-Award activities, as well as approval and compliance processes. Portfolios will be determined based on College need.
Pre-Award duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct support to CAS faculty and departments to facilitate proposal submissions, including the ability to interpret and apply sponsor and university guidelines.
- Collaborate with faculty on the development of budgets and budget justifications, reviewing for consistency and accuracy.
- Serve as the administrative coordinator for the submission process, tracking deadlines, documents, communicating with external collaborators, and interfacing with the Sponsored Projects Services Office for approvals.
Post-Award duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Review expenses for allowability and allocation of charges. Reconcile charges and perform budget projections.
- Assist Faculty in the interpretation of policies and information requests. Serve as a liaison to Sponsored Projects Services.
- Facilitate requests for account backstopping, No-Cost Extensions, and other administrative coordination.
Compliance and Approval duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Verify required research training/disclosure requirements are completed such as CITI training and Annual Financial Disclosure. Assist faculty in obtaining access to these systems as needed.
- Support College level review of CLICK research submission form, elevating complex issues as needed.
- Assist in providing or coordinating other dean’s level approvals as needed, such as tuition reallocation or summer effort approval.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.