Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
A key strategic partner on campus, Simmons's Center for Global Education (CGE) strives to cultivate and grow the intercultural competency of the Simmons community. The Center is responsible for managing international student services as well as all education abroad programming, including direct exchange partnerships and faculty-led travel courses. The CGE is a vital component to the internationalization of campus and, in building global leaders, continues to fulfill the legacy established by founder John Simmons.
We are seeking to hire a Study Abroad Coordinator who will guide students to successfully incorporate their study abroad experience into their academic plans and career path. The Study Abroad Coordinator reports directly to the Director.
- Promote study abroad opportunities to Simmons students through outreach
- Serve as the primary contact within the Center for Global Education for study abroad programs
- Provide leadership in marketing and outreach for all study abroad and faculty-led programs
- Provide information and guidance to students who plan to study abroad
- Advise faculty members as they consider developing study abroad opportunities
- Communicate with global partners and service providers about program specifics
- Ensure safety and compliance of all participants in accordance with university policy
- Manage all data related to study abroad programs
- Manage and promote study abroad scholarships
- Host study abroad orientations, information fairs, sessions and tables, and related events
- Develop and implement opportunities for returning students to incorporate and apply their immersive experience into professional development
- Supervise graduate assistant and student interns (varies per semester)
- Collaborate with academic departments and external partners to ensure curriculum alignment and course equivalencies
- Coordinate Global Sharks Program (Study Abroad Peer Advising)
- Collaborate with offices and people across campus to support and advocate for the success of all students. Represent the CGE as participant or presenter at events such as Admissions Open Houses; Fall into Major days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of one year of professional work experience
- Knowledge of and experience with academic program development and implementation
- Experience in studying, living, or working abroad
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and program management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suites.
- Understanding of current issues in the field of international education
- US citizenship (for SEVIS purposes)
- Three plus years in a role that involves advising, mentoring, counseling, conducting orientations or other student services
- Master's degree in related field
- Experience using Terra Dotta, Canva,
- Knowledge of one or more languages other than English
This position may be eligible for partial remote work.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Study-Abroad-Advisor-at-the-Center-for-Global-Education_R08645
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.