The Lead Cloud System Engineer is part of a team of professionals with overall responsibility for supporting and managing Steven's enterprise core computing systems. This individual will have the primary responsibility of leading and partnering with key teams to deploy modern workplace technologies and provide professional, proactive, and user-focused support for existing workplace infrastructure. This includes administration of Microsoft 365, the virtual learning environment, Microsoft Azure, VDI, and other responsibilities as assigned. This position requires a person to have a "hands-on" attitude and be customer service-focused, while capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The individual must be comfortable working independently and as part of a high-performing, collaborative environment, while employing sound judgment and decision-making.
· Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of the University infrastructure in a 24x7 production environment, focusing on Microsoft technologies, Azure, Active Directory, Microsoft 365, and Intune.
· Implement technology solutions to enhance system availability, increase security, and provide enhancements to the IT operations.
· Perform Azure cloud development, design work, and management that may include logical system design, cloud architecture analysis, and design, and systems engineering
· Implement and automate the deployment of IaaS and PaaS services in Azure.
· Provide Level 3 problem/incident escalation support for the User Support Services team on problems and issues as required
· Leverage Microsoft Intune, Autopilot, AAD, Group Policy, and Active Directory to modify installation package behavior, restrict features, and improve security.
· Collaborate with faculty in addressing their virtual learning needs.
· Develop and maintain Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery plans
· Partner with the IT security group to proactively monitor and secure IT assets and services and respond to security incidents in a timely manner.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to responsibilities of the position
· Minimum of seven years of intensive professional experience in a multi-platform enterprise environment.
· Experience administering technologies including Office 365, Azure AD, Intune, DNS, DHCP, and file server
· Solid understanding of Endpoint Device Management platforms such DesktopCentral, SCCM, or similar
· Experience with public clouds such as Azure or AWS is required.
· Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python is highly desired
· Experience with VDI platforms: Azure Virtual Desktop, Citrix, VMware, or Apporto is preferred.
· Experience with GCC O365/Azure a plus
· Knowledge of automation platforms such as Ansible, Puppet, or similar a plus
· Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and service management concepts and techniques
· Excellent analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both highly technical and non-technical audiences
· Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making commensurate with the responsibilities of the position, and specifically in maintaining a high-availability network
· Ability to work effectively as a positive, engaged, and transparent member of a high-performing, collaborative team of professionals
· Strong self-initiation and work ethic
· Available to work off-hours, weekends and provide on-call incident support.
This position is eligible for a Hybrid, Flexible Work Arrangement
Office of Infrastructure Services
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police