The Office of the Dean is responsible for the academic and administrative functions of Tufts University School of Medicine, including overseeing the School’s academic departments, the teaching and research enterprises, student services, and campus buildings and facilities. The primary responsibilities of the Office of the Dean include financial and strategic planning, resource allocation, faculty recruitment, interface with clinical affiliates, and other management responsibilities related to the function of a large and diverse medical school.
What You'll Do
This highly visible, on-site role supports the work of the school dean’s office by providing complex executive administrative and organizational support which includes: assisting the dean and members of the senior leadership team in managing and prioritizing communications with internal and external constituencies; organizing and planning logistics of meetings, retreats and events; editing, proofreading, and composing correspondence and reports; participating in or leading assigned projects for the dean's office; and organizing and planning complex travel and logistical arrangements. This position will act as liaison with a diverse array of constituencies while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding judgment, and the ability to proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. This person serves as the first point of contact for the Dean’s Office.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of related professional experience
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with confidential information and data
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in university setting
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.