The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office supports the vision and strategy of the Graduate Dean and strives to create an inclusive and intellectually engaging experience for the graduate students. The office interacts with all administrative units that create community and support graduate students, including academic affairs, admissions, student affairs, and alumni development. The office oversees the admission of students to all graduate degree programs; awards scholarships, fellowships, and teaching assistantships in consultation with academic departments; and reviews academic standing and policies governing all graduate students in Arts and Sciences. The office also oversees curriculum changes across and development of new graduate programs, as well as develops and implements academic and professional development programs for graduate students.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid position expected to be on campus at least 3-4 days each week and for specific programming and events.
The Admissions & Financial Aid Coordinator supports the Dean of GSAS in designing, developing, and implementing financial aid and admissions procedures and decisions. As GSAS transitions to a centralized financial aid process, the person in this position will be the main point of contact between GSAS and both Graduate Financial Aid and Graduate Admissions.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired by a High school diploma and 5+ years of administrative experience or Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience
- Attention to detail, strong writing skills, ability to manage competing timelines and multitask, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, Excel, and database knowledge
- Bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Financial background
• Familiarity working within a higher education environment
• Familiarity with Slate CRM
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.