The Research Foundation HR unit at the University at Buffalo is looking for a HR/Payroll Specialist to perform day-to-day function of the unit. Please see the following for specific information relating to this opportunity.
In this position, you will:
* Ensure the completeness and accuracy of payroll transactions received from various departments across campus, then process those transactions into the Oracle based RF business system.
* Guide/assist PI’s and other departmental representatives on the proper hiring of employees to include applicable RF/SUNY/DOL policies and regulations.
* Learn/maintain excellent knowledge of the various systems required (Oracle modules, eptf, SIRI, HUB, etc.) to perform duties effectively.
* Coordinate the distribution of transactions within the payroll unit as necessary
* Provide guidance to internal staff when questions or abnormal situations arise
* Provide expert training and guidance to external departmental staff on their use of eptf for transaction processing.
* Respond timely and appropriately to various requests for information or assistance to include employment verifications, appointment information, etc.
* Assist in the supervision of payroll staff’s daily duties as needed.
* Have involvement with in-person, group onboarding sessions.
* Balance of the RF Payroll advance account
* Liaise with other units within UB as necessary to include Sponsored Project Services, Financial Services, International Employee Unit, State Payroll, etc.
* Assist with payroll auditing as necessary.
* Various related duties and project work as assigned.
PayrollYou will be the process lead in the Research Foundation (RF) Payroll unit which encompasses the day to day processing of all HR transactions received. Potentially supports hundreds of principal investigators (PI’s) and approximately 1600-1800 individuals being paid at any given time through the payroll mechanism. You will also coordinate activities related to transactional/payroll processing between other business units and departments within the university,
BenefitsYou will serve as an overall functional backup within the benefits unit to include assisting with the administration of our electronic time and attendance system, e-Time. This involves training employees in either a group or one-on-one setting on proper time reporting and submission procedures, researching potential time and accrual issues for correction and clearing timecards out of error status when appropriate. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.