The Office of Graduate Admissions recruits the student body for the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the graduate programs in the School of Engineering and coordinates application processing of applications for all graduate programs in the two schools. The department partners with graduate faculty and deans on the coordination of all aspects of student recruitment, communications, marketing and the management of more than 5,000 applications to the respective departments and programs.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid position and is expected to be on campus at least 2 days each week.
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Admissions, the graduate admissions assistant serves as administrative support to Phd and Certifcate applicants to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
The position serves as a first point of contact for prospective graduate students with questions about application and admissions procedures, organizes, batches and forwards inquiry information to appropriate departments for follow up; follows up with applicants regarding incomplete or unclear information; quality controls completed applications for departmental review; receives and processes admissions decisions, and proofs decision letters for efficient delivery to applicants.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a High School diploma and 1-3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of data entry protocols, Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to be trained in Tufts databases such as SIS and Slate
- Ability to multitask, assess priorities, and work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience working in Higher Education
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.