Information Analyst Enrollment Management
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Institutional Research Office
Administrative Exempt Positions
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and Strategic Decision Support, the Information Analyst for Enrollment Management will provide Information technology support and solutions to the Division of Enrollment Management by assisting in the design, development, testing and integration of IT tools, applications and products. Provide technology training and support as a way of maximizing resources and enhancing efforts to achieve departmental and university goals. Develop subject matter knowledge to solve complex technical issues, discover software failures, identify solutions and recommend product enhancements. Lead re-engineering efforts for departmental business processes; coordinate efforts to evaluate, establish, implement and document office procedures and outcomes. Responsible for managing data integration and reporting to support department and division operations and strategic decision-making. Provide primary support in trouble-shooting user issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Department Heads in the Office of the Registrar, Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Admissions, Pre-Collegiate Outreach, Office of Multicultural Affairs and Institutional Research to use technology to improve business processes in their respective areas.
- Lead and direct staff to support and troubleshoot divisional technology initiatives and operations.
- Lead and coordinate cross-departmental and cross-divisional initiatives for system integration, upgrades, and data integration, collaborating with and supporting the Information Analysts and other departments or divisions on University-level initiatives.
- Provide support and training for data processing and reporting efforts within the division. Run recurring and ad hoc reports as needed for general office reporting, for university surveys, and for data verification.
- Participate in regional and national professional conferences as a means of developing professional networks, identifying best practices, and furthering WPIs reputation in the field.
- Act as primary point of contact between the IT Division and the Enrollment Management Division; oversee any IT upgrades within the division and support campus-wide technology ventures on behalf of the division.
- Work with users to develop, implement, and maintain IT-based processes, including workflow, reporting, and analysis tools such as survey reporting, accreditation documentation, budget planning and tracking, etc.
- Utilize additional software and programming tools (such as SQL, Excel, Tableau) for the generation of reports and to support the work of the division.
- Train, update, and assist staff with technology related issues and projects; help staff better utilize technology to track progress, measure results, and develop reports in support of division goals and objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the Institutional Research team to ensure high levels of accuracy and precision in data reporting and data integrity
- In collaboration with IT and the Associate Director of Analytics, assist in implementation of the data warehouse project.
- Coordinate regular meetings of divisional Information Analysts to support divisional technology initiatives and operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve on the Administrative Services Working Group, the Data Steward Working Group, and the Data Access Working Group associated with the Unified Digital Campus project.
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level knowledge of FERPA and other relevant regulations concerning student and university records management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty, and administrators, on a wide range of issues; interactions require discretion, diplomacy, judgment and maturity.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports, instructions, business process documentation and training materials is expected.
- Experience in managing integrated student information systems, preferably Banner by Ellucian and other divisional level systems and data interfaces.
- Project management experience, including excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Advanced SQL programming skills preferred.
- Demonstrated database management experience.
- Experience with Slate, Salesforce, and other CRM platforms preferred.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills are required. Must be able to communicate to both technical and business audiences.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5356