Responsible for writing grants and assisting in the development of grant proposals for submission to local, state, federal and other appropriate agencies to secure funding for the college.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 23, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
: Office of College Services
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in education, sociology, psychology, communications, business administration, or related field and a minimum of four years of grant writing experiences as a grant writer for federal, state and local government, foundation and corporate sources of funding; with demonstrable success are required. Prior work experience in higher education setting is preferred. Exceptional writing, analytical and research skills are required as well as the ability to handle multiple high priority activities simultaneously, managing time and organizing tasks with great attention to details.
1. Responsible for writing a significant number of targeted grant proposals for the college.
2. Conduct prospect research of sources of external funding opportunities from public (federal, state and county governments) and private (corporate and foundation) sources.
3. Develop periodic newsletters of sources of funding opportunity announcement for appropriate distribution to faculty staff, and administrators.
4. Assist college stakeholders (staff, faculty and administrators) with the comprehensive process involved in responding to request for proposal and developing applications for funding.
5. Assist in editing grant applications for structure, completeness, accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness of content, as well as grammar and readability.
6. Assist in the grant submission process including interpretation of guideline to facilitate successful completion and compliance.
7. Maintain current knowledge of and expertise in federal, state, local and other agency regulations and policies to assure compliance.
8. Perform other job-related duties as required or assigned.
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com
. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.